Volunteer Information

Heloise Lorimer Parent Volunteers

A great deal of any school’s success can be attributed to its volunteers and we welcome you and your family to join in this rewarding experience. Please talk to your child’s teacher or let the office know if you are available to volunteer!

To ensure the safety and well-being of students and staff in Rocky View Schools, all volunteers must complete Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Checks.

Please refer to the following procedures, policy and information:

RVS Letter

RVS Admin procedure

RVS Board Policy on Volunteers

APPLICATION:  Print this form, get it signed by School Administration, and take it down to your local RCMP police agency to obtain your record check.  (Or pick up a copy which is already signed from the office.) NOTE: When going to the RCMP, you will be required to produce a valid Driver's license or Passport with photo I.D., plus another piece of government-issued I.D. such as Alberta Health Care Card or birth certificate.

INTERIM DECLARATION FORM:  This form must be completed and submitted to the school prior to volunteers coming in contact with students.  It's a declaration stating that Criminal Record Checks have been initiated.

ANNUAL DECLARATION FORM:  This form is used yearly to update your record check. Record checks are good for 5 years; however, RVS requires this yearly declaration form.


School Council Information

Document Actions